Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day Sixteen

I lost track of time.

Some people lost their job.



I have just spent eight hours of not talking to anyone verbally, and only very minimum chat with a few people over whatsapp.

I am completely okay with that. Oh you know I've always been okay with that. I love being alone and uninterrupted by random and mundane talks. Not talking for hours on end is never a problem for me.

But I feel like I have to change the way I see this right now.

I have always refrained from overstating my inclination toward solitude. While I prefer solitude in most days, I don't want to glorify this, because I know, one day I might going to regret it. And this one day might come sooner than I expected.

Every time I was on the verge of thinking or saying something like ugh I hate people or oh how nice it is being alone in the world, I stopped, and think about what would I feel should the world end when I'm still here. What would I feel when there is actually no one left on earth and I am free to be alone as long as I want.

Locked in a confined space for weeks like this, despite enjoying it so far, I can tell that my mind has to get more creative in conjuring many scenarios, which, I don't like to visit further.

By now I'm already quite agile in avoiding the dangerous territory, and stay focus on the only track worth walking on.

I think I'd have to start appreciating human interaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment