Thursday, April 2, 2020

What day is it

This is day 'I don't even remember anymore' of the quarantine.

Things are getting worse out there.

At least that's how it looks from Twitter. So currently I'm taking a break from it. Checking only for important updates.

In real life, here in this part of the city, things are still more or less like usual. The only difference is the road is less busy.

I'm trying to keep my mind on track and not running to dangerous territory where gloom and darkness reign. I'm trying.

Last night I talked to a friend. Before the outbreak, we used to see each other every day, talking in between works, having lunch together, afternoon coffee together. In the middle of our conversation, he asked,

"What happened? What the hell has happened? The world was fine two weeks ago. And now everything is turned upside down. How did we get here?"

"Yeah, who would've thought", I replied.

Nobody knows.

While I'm typing this, gratefulness and guilt rose simultaneously in me.

I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to sit through this shit storm while literally sitting in my home, not much but pretty comfortable, with windows and garden and trees and all, and a view of my neighbor's roof.

On a rainy day like today, I am also blessed with a view of the rain flowing down the drainage pipe. It's a view so nostalgic, so unique of the old times when all you do in the afternoon is listening to the pitter-patter of the rain on the roof or having just woke up from your nap, sitting by the window and watching the rain doing their rainy thing, punching needles on the water covered street, running down the sewer and disappear and running again and disappear again on an on like a hypnotic.

It's a privilege of childhood.

One we take for granted now that we're decades into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment